Tuesday 25 September 2012

Why "Living Medley"?

Hi!  Welcome to my blog!  I'm glad you're here :-)

I've written and maintained blogs before, but none of them ever with the intention of posting anything and everything...  That's precisely what this one is for.

In the past few months, I have caught myself often thinking (and sometimes saying out loud): "I should start a blog about...."  So I am.  Here it is.

This blog is about me.  It's about my city.  It's about my family and our life.  It's about lessons I have learned.  Some of it will be funny.  Some not so much.

This blog is about a multitude of different subjects.  But most of all, it's about life.  My life-as a mother, a sister, a daughter, a wife, a worker, a friend.  And so on.

The term "Medley" came to mind because of the variety of stuff you'll find in here.

Dictionary.com defines a medley here as :

noun
1.
a mixtureespecially of heterogeneous elements;hodgepodge; jumble.
2.
a piece of music combining tunes or passages from varioussources: a medley of hit songs from Broadway shows.


That makes sense, doesn't it?    This really is a mixture, hodgepodge, jumble of stuff all brought in to one place.  And the reference to music is simple and natural for me.  Music plays such a huge role in my life.

So welcome to my Living Medley.  Come on in and stay a while :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment